Monday, January 24, 2011

Cozy Little Tip from My Mom

GetInline.aspx.jpg


My mother's always looking out for me!  This morning, I awoke to a text message (she's so high-tech) from her.  She's so full of good ideas!!!

I'm a Southern transplant to the Northeast, so these negative double-digit temperature readings are no friend of mine. (I maintain that having been living here for twenty years does not improve my tolerance of cold weather and that I am a Southern Girl at heart!)  Staying cozy inside is definitely at the top of my priority list, but like so many, I want to find ways to stay warm without spending every single penny on heating fuel and wood pellets. 

So here's my mom's tip of the day:  Put a big pot of water on the stove to boil, and let it simmer for a couple hours.  You'll increase the humidity in your house, and you'll make the air feel warmer!   Glam it up with a chopped up apple and a couple cinnamon sticks, and add a gorgeous fragrance to the air while the water's simmering...

Have a blessed and beautiful day, and stay warm!  If you have any tips to share, please leave a comment! 


2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I might have to implement this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have liked it! I bet your mom has some great tips to share, too :) It's always fun to pass them on!

    ReplyDelete