Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Summer Days

How quickly the days of warmth and sand and carefree, crazy summer fly past.  What treasures we have in the captured moments.  The images frozen mid-air in our memories or in a photograph.  Some pictures reveal the same location and the same people, year after year, but oh, how we are changing.  The days of small hands in mine are replaced with my stumbling over shoes way larger than my own, worn by kids whose little bodies are turning into grownups before my eyes, and whose hearts are even more beautiful than their sweet faces.  The only way I'm learning how to keep the moments from slipping away from me too quickly is to try to be there, present, in the moment.  Sometimes I do well at this, and sometimes I realize I have so much to learn about stillness and focus.  I don't want to miss a single grace-filled moment.











Looking back at some memories from last summer, I'm eagerly anticipating what will become the memories of this one just unfolding...  What are your best summer memories?  What are you hoping to do this summer?

Let's thank God in advance for the good plans He has in store for each of our families this season.  Some days are hard.  Some days are sun-filled.  The Lord is with us in each and by His grace alone, we will always have cause for joy.

Praying for you, my friends, to have a blessed summer! I'm glad to have you all in my life, to share the wild ride that is chasing after a radical faith in Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment